Effect of topical vapocoolant spray on response to arthrocentesis and intravenous catheterization in unsedated horses: a randomized, blinded, placebo-controlled trial.
Cathrine T Fjordbakk, DVM, DECVS; Henning A Haga, DVM, PhD Norwegian School of Veterinary Science; Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Equine Teaching Hospital, PO Box 8146 Dep, 0033 Oslo, Norway.
AJVR, Vol 72, No. 6, June 2011
1. Shah V, Taddio A, Rieder MJ. Effectiveness and tolerability of pharmacology and combined interventions for reducing injection pain during routine childhood immunizations: systematic review and meta-analyses. Clin Ther 2009; 31 Suppl 2: S104 – 51.
2. Kunesch E, Schmidt R, Nordin M et al. Peripheral neural correlates of cutaneous anaesthesia induced by skin cooling in man. Acta Physiol Scand 1987; 129: 247 – 257.
3. Yarnitsky D, Ochoa JL. Release of cold-induced burning pain by block of cold-specific afferent input. Brain 1990; 113: 893 – 902.
4. Reis EC, Jacobson RM, Tarbell S et al. Taking the sting out of shots: control of vaccination-associated pain and adverse reactions. Pediatr Ann 1998; 27: 375 – 386.
5. Weiss RA, Lavin PT. Reduction of pain and anxiety prior to botulinum toxin injections with a new topical anesthetic method. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 2009; 25: 173 – 177.
6. Biro P, Meier T, Cummins AS. Comparison of topical anaesthesia methods for venous cannulation in adults. Eur J Pain 1997; 1: 37 – 42.
7. Hartstein BH, Barry JD. Mitigation of pain during intravenous catheter placement using a topical skin coolant in the emergency department. Emerg Med J 2008; 25: 257 – 261.
8. Farion KJ, Splinter KL, Newhook K et al. The effect of vapocoolant spray on pain due to intravenous cannulation in children: a randomized controlled trial. Can Med Assoc J 2008; 179: 31 – 36.
9. Hijazi R, Taylor D, Richardson J. Effect of topical alkane vapocoolant spray on pain with intravenous cannulation in patients in emergency departments: randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. BMJ 2009: 338: b215doi:10-1136/bmj.b215.
Länk til metod
Länk til produkt